At first glance, this might seem like a very unusual combination. If you look closer though, you will see that it really does make sense. Bison is a very lean meat so that lack of fat content can cause the flavor to lack at times. By adding bacon to the mix, you are adding additional fat, which will help with keeping the bison meat moist and flavorful. Besides, everything is better with bacon right?
Obviously, this is a recipe that is geared towards someone on the Atkins’ Diet so if that is not your thing, then you might not be into this recipe. It does look like a great-tasting pizza so maybe you do want to try it anyway. You might really like it. It might be a great way for you to step out of you box. Enjoy!
4 tbsp Cream Cheese
3 medium Egg
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
1/2 tsp, ground Oregano
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 cup, shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 serving (serving = 1/2 cup) Kirkland Signature Marinara Sauce
1 cup, shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 serving (serving = 4 oz) Nature’s Rancher Ground Buffalo
4 slice cooked Bacon (Cured, Pan-Fried, Cooked)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat together cream cheese and eggs in a bowl
3. Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again.
4. Spray a circular pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle the Mexican cheese into the dish
5. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese
6. Bake for 15 minutes and let stand for 5 minutes (while the pizza is in the oven, cook and crumble the buffalo and bacon)
7. Spread on pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese buffalo and bacon
8. Place the pizza back in the oven and bake until its bubbly and browning (about 15 minutes)
9. LET COOL for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Patience is a virtue! If you cut it while it’s still too hot you’ll have a mushy and messy pizza!