I don’t know about you, but I love Italian food. One of the great kinds of Italian food would have to be pizza. Pizza can come in all forms. You can put about anything on pizza that you can think of. You just put what you like on it, and it turns out great.
One of the problems with pizza is that it can tend to not be too healthy. Well, here is a way to still eat pizza and make it much more healthy for you. This pizza dough recipe uses whole wheat, which is always good for you. You add a touch of honey to the dough to give it a slight bit of sweetness, which just puts it over the top.
So give this pizza dough recipe a try and then put your favorite toppings on it and enjoy! You can eat easy knowing you are eating something that tastes great and is healthy at the same time.
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
4. Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.