Save Yourself a trip to Wal-Mart by putting some of your old stuff to a brand new use. Here are 10 ideas for you to ponder:
- Egg Carton. Take the bottom of an egg carton and use it as a desk or jewelry organizer. It’s perfect for small stuff like paper clips or earring.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray. Who needs WD40? Use this handy substitute to fix squeaky doors.
- Toothpaste. Use a non-gel toothpaste to brighten your tarnished jewelry. Smear it on, then rub it clean with a soft piece of cloth. And if you happen to be out of acne cream, you can apply a dab of toothpaste to help clean that unsightly pimple.
- Lemon Juice. Add 1/2 cup to the wash cycle pf a normal-sized load of laundry to brighten your whites.
- Newspaper. So you stepped in a puddle? Place crumpled newspaper in your shoes overnight to dry them out.
- Olive Oil. To unstick that stubborn zipper, apply a small drop to lubricate the zipper teeth.
- Dryer Sheet. Smelly suitcase? Tuck a dryer sheet inside and your clothes won’t absorb the odor. You can also keep one in your pocket to fight off mosquitos.
- Soap Travel Case. Keep and extra one handy to protect your camera while you are on the go.
- Winter Mitten. Slip your sunglasses inside to keep them scratch-free and ready for a sunny day.
- Stray Button. Glue a magnet on the back to hold up photos or to-do lists on metal surfaces.